pest control abu dhabi
Summer is just around the corner in Dubai
which means it is time to get your home ready for all the changes that accompany the season.
Summer time often means extra pests and bugs running around your yard and inside your Dubai home
so it is important to take some preventive measures to stay pest free this summer.
Did you know ants are one of the most common pests found in Dubai?
ServiceMarket brings you some helpful pest control tips and tricks.
Follow these simple steps to make sure your home stays ant free this season:
pest control abu dhabi price
- The first thing you need to do to keep pests out of your home is to understand the type of pests that can invade your Dubai home.
- If ants is the problem, read up about them and understand what is causing their presence in your home.
- We also have a list of ant facts here.
- The next thing you need to do is seal off any openings in the walls of your home or near windows using caulk.
- It is relatively easy using caulk to seal any openings in the home.
- However, if you find yourself too busy for the process you can always book an appointment with a handyman in Dubai who can do the job for you.
pest control abu dhabi cost
- Clean, clean, and clean! The number one rule for pest control is keeping your Dubai home as clean as possible.
- This means no eating outside the kitchen or dining room, no crumbs left on the floor or counters, and no sticky popsicle sticks laying around the backyard.
- You would be surprised how quickly thousands of ants will pile up on a little bit of unattended sugar.
pest control abu dhabi contact number
- On top of cleaning up after yourself when you finish eating, you will also need to store any garbage left after your meal in a closed container.
- It would be a good idea to purchase trash cans with lids to seal off the food waste so that no insects can get into the bin.
- You should also take out your garbage as often as possible.
pest control abu dhabi dubizzle
- Using some home remedies to deter insects from your house is also a great idea. Most insects are deterred by the zest or smell of oranges.
- You can sprinkle orange peel around the home’s exterior and on window sills to prevent bugs from entering the home.
- If you already have an ant problem emerging in your home, you can try benefiting from used coffee grounds to kill off the insects by sprinkling the grounds on them.
pest control abu dhabi mussafah
Pest control in Dubai can be a bit of a challenge if you don’t keep up with constantly cleaning both inside and outside the home.
If you find that you have lost control of the issue and there is already an ant problem in your home, you need to get professional help for it.
You can easily book pest control services in Dubai on ServiceMarket.
pest control abu dhabi khalifa city a
Bed bugs. You can’t live with them, and they can’t live without you. Unfortunately, there’s no corner of the globe where these bothersome pests don’t live, meaning bed bugs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi are a matter of fact.
Bummer, right? Well not really. Despite their toughness, bed bugs can be thwarted if you take the correct steps and measures.
The experts at ServiceMarket bring you this guide to better equip you to deal with these unwanted guests.
We’ve talked about some of the incredible feats bed bugs can perform, but just to give you a fresh reminder: don’t take these little dudes lightly.
Bed bugs are bloodsuckers and are exclusive connoisseurs of the human variety, hence beds are their ideal choice of real estate. And boy are they resilient.
In cooler temperatures, they can survive up to a whole year without food, and in warmer climates they can still manage for 5 months.
Speaking of food, they usually come out for a bite every 5 to 10 days. So if you haven’t gotten any new bite marks in over a week, don’t make the mistake of thinking that they’ve all died out.
They’re probably still digesting their last meal.
What makes them tick
Humans aren’t the only ones who love being cosy – bed bugs tend to inhabit areas where it’s warm. And wherever there’s a cluster of humans or even animals such as rats and birds, there’ll be bed bugs. Why is this so, you ask? Well it’s because these creepy crawlies are attracted to carbon dioxide.
So the more the people and animals, the more carbon dioxide is produced and the more bed bugs pouring in for a feast.
This can very well make grounds for an infestation, and not just in your mattress. Despite their name, bed bugs can make their home in your carpets, upholstery, clothes, drawers and laundry basket.
So if your house doesn’t get a proper cleaning from top to bottom every now and then, you might as well just hang a welcome sign for these multi-legged creatures at the door.
Symptoms and signs
So how do you find out if you have bed bugs? It’s hard to call it a convenience when we say they let you know they’re here.
If you wake up one morning and find itchy red bumps on your skin all arranged in a neat line, then you’ve got yourself bed bugs.
Scratching too much can lead to rashes, only worsening the situation. Other nasty signs of their unwanted presence include smears on your bed sheets (from when you turn over during your sleep and squash a few) and the telltale smell of rotting raspberries.
And if you spot the critter yourself, you’ve got a positive diagnosis.
You know you have bed bugs when they’ve already given you an itch, so treat your skin first.
Wash bitten skin with soap and water to disinfect immediately, and apply calamine lotion to prevent rashes and itching.
After you’re done, it’s time to go bed bug hunting. Look for eggs or scurrying adults in the folds of your mattress, your drawers as well as any nooks in your bed, closet and luggage.
Spraying pesticide won’t solve your problems as these nasties have developed resistance against most poisons and chemicals (we weren’t kidding when we said they’re resilient).
Vacuuming is also not a sure-fire solution as it doesn’t get rid of the eggs that stubbornly cling on to surfaces.
What works, then? Extreme temperature, that’s what.
Bed bugs of every stage in their life-cycle absolutely cannot survive temperatures of 50℃ and above for more than 10 minutes, as well as any number below -16℃ for more than an hour.
Washing your clothes in hot water is highly recommended.
However, for your house, turning it into an oven or an igloo sounds extremely impractical. But there’s no need to worry.
Getting professional steam cleaning for your upholstery, floors, furniture, mattress and other areas where bed bugs might possibly be dwelling does the job.
High temperature steam eradicates any adults, juveniles or eggs that are lurking in the corners of your home, making steam cleaning a most practical and effective “bed bug be-gone”.
If there’s somethin’ strange in your bed mattress, who ya gonna call? ServiceMarket’s extensive range of of vetted pest control companies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi makes finding the right company easy for you.
Read reviews and compare ratings from hundreds of customers, and even leave your own. So head on over to the site today and get free quotes from the best bug busters in the UAE.